Friday, December 17, 2010

Cedar County Queen




It was in the summer of 2009 that I got my first ride on a Thoroughbred with an audience of volunteers at a work party. Cedar County Queen made me rethink what I thought I wanted in a horse. I wrote about her in my post Off To The Races in May of this year.



This was posted on the Save A Forgotten Equine message board & facebook pages:

"SAFE was recently devastated to learn that Cedar County Queen was humanely euthanized. Cedar was a lovely TB mare rescued from a neglect situation in early 2008. She was adopted to a wonderful home in 2009 but after a few months in full training at a hunter/jumper facility began to show signs of extreme pain in her pelvic area. After several months of careful rehab she seemed to improve but then over the summer declined again and the difficult decision to euthanize was made by her loving adoptive mom Lori. RIP sweet Cedar and we send our sincere condolences to Lori for her loss as well."

In the years I've known her, she's had several consistent riders: Monica, Allison, Kyle, Sara & probably a few more, who I am sure are all feeling her loss today.

She was well loved and a favorite among the volunteers as well as one of the most popular, perhaps partially because she remained with SAFE so long.

Thank you Lori, for giving her a home, love and peace. We all share in your loss.



Thank you Cedar County Queen for being such a wonderful girl & the star of many of our dreams.

You will be greatly missed.

Please enjoy these photos from my ride with Cedar (as stolen from Lynn Mazer)







No comments:

Post a Comment