Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January HeARTist: Liz Stabbert


I am proud to introduce to you January's featured HeARTist ~ Liz Stabbert!!!!


To start off the new year our featured HeARTist is Liz Stabbert who has been a longtime supporter of SAFE. Her photos have captured many a proud rider at several of the SAFE Benefit Horse Shows and she's participated in both HeART of the Horse Equine Art Shows.

Meet Liz....

"I've been in love with horses for as long as I can remember. Model horses lined the shelves of my old bedroom and posters of horses covered the wall. Though I... managed to beg lessons off and on through the years, spent several years in horse 4H, and leased a horse for a short time in high school, I still haven't realized my dream of horse ownership...yet anyway ;-)




Photography for me started as a whim and turned into a grand passion. I was a traditional artist mostly interested in watercolor, painting, and pencil and colored pencil drawing, but the art classes at the local community collage I was attending were failing to hold my attention. I had always been mildly curious about photography so decided to give Photography 101 a try. The connection was immediate.





After taking every photography related course the school offered, I created my own independent study course with the goal of learning how to be an equine and rodeo photographer. It was through this independent study I began covering horse shows for the Kitsap Saddle Club and Liz Stabbert Photography was born! Before long I found myself at the Art Institute of Seattle studying commercial photography and graduated in December of 2007. It was a little unusual in a group of students who's goals were to become fashion and studio photographers to confess that I planned to become a "horse photographer"!




From my very beginnings as an equine photographer my favorite part has been meeting the amazing people who share my passion for horses and the horses that they love. It's been a wonderful experience and my business continues to grow thanks to the wonderful local horse community! In 2011 I plan to branch out from my current offerings of personal horse portraits, equine and event and rodeo coverage into senior portraits and families as well!"

~ Special Benefit Offer for SAFE through the month of January ~

"Because I know there will be a lot of people who will want to wait for portraits until their horse is out of the shaggy winter yak stage, is offer gift certificates in any denomination desired and 50% of the proceeds will go to SAFE! Gift certificates are good for any services or items I offer including equine and family portraits, and beautiful professional prints and canvases! Christmas is over, but Valentines day is just around the corner you know! A portrait session would be a great gift for a horse-loving valentine ;-)"

Please be sure to mention the SAFE promotion when you purchase your gift certificate 



In addition to the Gift Certificate Sales, Liz is also including a 50% donation with the sale of any SAFE related photographs she's already taken, INCLUDING the SAFE Benefit Horse shows from 2008 & 2009


View SAFE Horse Portraits online and follow the link to the Benefit Horse Shows from 2008 & 2009

Please contact Liz through her website at:
http://www.lizstabbertphoto.com/

or via email at: liz@lizstabbertphoto.com


Be sure to tell her you found her through the HeARTist Program;

also...to those who might be wishing they had purchased one of the Shano originals, prints or fun accessories, you can still do so and help SAFE. Just remember to mention that you found her through the SAFE HeART of the Horse promotion. Thanks for the ongoing support, Shano!!

No comments:

Post a Comment